A dental procedure can be stressful and worrisome for many patients. To make your wisdom teeth extraction or any other dental operation a more comfortable experience, intravenous sedation is the best solution.
Intravenous sedation eases your pain and allows you to relax during your operation. Many patients choose intravenous sedation for their surgeries. It’s popular and can be used for all sorts of dental procedures. Intravenous sedation works particularly well for wisdom teeth extraction.
Why choose intravenous sedation for an operation?
Dental anaesthesia offered at Clinque Evoro
Find out which types of anaesthesia are available for your dental procedures at Clinique Evoro!
Lidocaine is commonly used for simple procedures. It’s a local anaesthesia that prevents pain and is used in combination with other anaesthetics.
When meeting with your surgeon, they may suggest general anaesthesia for medical reasons or the complexity of the considered maxillofacial surgery. The procedure will be done at CSSS de Gatineau (Hôpital de Hull).
Specialized in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Théberge and Dr. Dunn have the necessary training and medical knowledge to safely administer intravenous sedation for your dental procedure.
When intravenous sedation is administered, continuous monitoring is carried out throughout the whole procedure. The administered medication is recognized in the medical field as being very safe. The intravenous sedative given will reduce your anxiety (anxiolysis) and make you unconscious. It is important to follow the instructions for an “asleep” surgical procedure.
Intravenous sedation is often used to numb wisdom teeth during their extraction.
Would you like intravenous sedation for your dental surgery?
Instructions for intravenous sedation
- Do not drink (including water) or eat, for 8 hours before your procedure. However, a sip of water to take your oral medication is allowed before intravenous sedation or anaesthesia is administered
- Make sure that you have a responsible adult with you who can stay during your procedure and take you home. Someone must also stay with you at home after your procedure
- Do not drive for at least 24 hours after your procedure under intravenous sedation / anaesthesia
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for monitors and the administration of an intravenous injection
- If you are sick, have a cold, sore throat or abdominal pain, it is important to inform us before your procedure
- Contact lenses, jewellery and dentures must be removed before your procedure
- If you are taking oral medication, check with your surgeon if specific instructions apply. In most cases, medication should be taken on the day of your procedure. You should not tamper with your usual medication routine, unless Dr Théberge has made the request to do so
Important: If you need emergency treatment, contact our emergency dental services in Gatineau! Our surgeons will find you a time slot as soon as possible to relieve your situation.
Contact us today if you have any additional questions concerning intravenous sedation at Clinique Evoro!
24 hour emergency service for all our current patients!
Other dental services offered at Clinique Evoro
Wisdom teeth extraction
Are your wisdom teeth severely aching? Let our dental experts eliminate your discomfort and extract them for you!
Correct your jaw alignment and smile confidently again with orthognathic surgery!
Dental implant procedure
Clinique Evoro offers dental implants adapted to your needs!